Maintaining the cleanliness of your home is a demanding task, but with a central vacuum system in place, you can make the job much easier on yourself. Central vacuum systems are powerful, and efficient and can save you time and money in the long run. However, before you purchase a central vacuum system, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
Here are 10 things you need to know before buying a central vacuum system:
- The size of your home– A central vacuum system needs to be powerful enough to clean your entire home, so you need to take the square footage of your home into consideration when choosing a unit. You also need to consider the number of rooms and levels in your home. This will help you determine the size and power of the unit you need.
- The type of flooring in your home– If you have a mix of carpeting and hardwood floors, you’ll need a central vacuum system that can accommodate both types of surfaces. Some units come with different attachments for different flooring types. You should also consider the height of your ceilings when choosing a unit, as some vacuums may not be able to reach high ceilings.
- The level of pet hair in your home– If you have pets, you’ll need a central vacuum system that can handle the amount of pet hair in your home. Some units come with special attachments for pet hair, and some even have HEPA filtration to remove allergens from the air. You can find out the level of pet hair a unit can handle by reading the reviews.
- Your budget– Central vacuum systems can range in price from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars. You need to decide how much you’re willing to spend on a unit before you start shopping. There are a number of factors that will affect the price of a central vacuum system, so be sure to take all of them into consideration.
- The warranty– When you’re purchasing a central vacuum system, make sure to ask about the warranty. Some manufacturers offer warranties of up to 25 years, while others only offer a one-year warranty. You can find out the warranty information by reading the reviews or by contacting the manufacturer directly.
- The features– Central vacuum systems come with a variety of features, so you need to decide which ones are important to you. Some units come with attachments for different flooring types, while others come with special attachments for pet hair. Some units even feature HEPA filtering to remove pollutants from the air. Choose a unit that has the features you need.
- The noise level– Central vacuum systems can be very noisy, so you need to make sure you choose a unit that won’t disturb your family or your neighbors. Some units come with special noise-reducing features, while others are designed to be as quiet as possible.
- The installation– Central vacuum systems need to be properly installed in order to work correctly. The installation process can be complicated, so you need to make sure you choose a unit that comes with easy-to-follow instructions. You also need to make sure the company you’re purchasing the unit from is experienced in installing central vacuum systems.
- The service– After you’ve installed your central vacuum system, you need to make sure it’s properly serviced. Some units come with a warranty, while others do not. Make sure you understand the service agreement before you purchase a unit.
- The reviews– Once you’ve decided on a central vacuum system, make sure you read the reviews. There are a number of websites that allow customers to leave reviews, so you can get an idea of what other people think about the unit before you purchase it. You can also ask friends and family for recommendations.
When you’re ready to purchase a central vacuum system, keep these 10 things in mind. With a little research, you can find the perfect unit for your home.
Do you have any other tips or advice to add? Please share them in the comments below!