IPTV means Internet Protocol Television and transmits and shows TV shows or movies over the internet. IPTV does not require satellite dishes, antennae, or fiber cables to broadcast content.
It allows streaming your favorite content(TV shows, live sports, movies) from a vast library. You can stream on any platform like iOS, Android, Android TV, Windows, etc.
This article covers some of the best IPTV players for iOS in 2022.
1) OTT Player
It is one of the most popular iOS IPTV apps. You can gather IPTV(from every resource) content in one location, adjust your channel order, upload and edit playlists, and add/delete groups.
Here is a list of features it offers,
- It supports several formats of streaming like RTMP, RTPS, and HLS,
- It does not give you annoying pop-ups or ads,
- You can customize channel icons in this app,
- It also supports M3U playlists,
- You can manage your playlists easily.
OTT player also works well with Android devices. It has a smooth user interface for both iOS and Android apps.
2) IPTV Smarters
IPTV Smarters is one of the best IPTV apps for iOS devices. You can use it on iPhone, Apple TV, MAC, etc. It also offers decent features but has some limitations too. Let us take a look at its benefits first,
- It allows you to create a playlist of your favorite channels,
- It offers you a monthly and yearly subscription too,
- It also supports Multi EPG and M3U playlists,
- If you want to bookmark a channel, you can do that in this app,
- It also allows you to stream and cast your channel to an iOS/any Smart TV,
- You can operate it on a 5mbps internet connection,
- It also gives an option to switch languages,
- It has embedded subtitles.
The only thing it lacks is the availability of its playlist or content. You can use this app on Android devices also.
3) IPTV Strike
This app also works well on both iOS and Android devices. You can watch several live sports matches in high definition quality. Here are some of its features,
- You get 1500 movies and TV shows,
- It keeps updating Video on Demand content,
- It extends reliable streaming servers(helps in a lag-free stream),
- You can stream content in HD quality,
- It supports Android Web TV, Kodi, Dreamlink T1, Avov, Mag, and several others,
- You get 24*7 customer support with an option of live chat.
4) GSE Smart IPTV Pro
It is a user-defined advanced solution and offers several features. It also supports a wide range of playlist formats. It offers you a GSE playlist manager to manage playlists on your iOS devices. Here are some of the features,
- You can access JSON and M3U(Non-live streaming options),
- It also offers dynamic language support,
- You can set up parental control in this app,
- It supports Chromecast API and Xtream codes,
- You also get automatic Video on Demand and live playlists,
- You can also copy/paste M3U content,
- It supports mostly all platforms and RTMP Tokens too.
The only thing that the developers might improve is the update cycle. You do not get regular updates for this app.
rIPTV also works with both iOS and Android platforms. You can stream content in both SD and HD qualities. It also gives benefits like,
- Compatibility with tvOS,
- In-built EPG(Electronic Program Guide),
- You can import your IPTV playlists to iOS and Android devices,
- You can add reminders for the content you like,
- It also allows IMDB integration,
- It has a straightforward and easy-to-use interface.
6) IP Television- IPTV M3U
This app works on iPhones, iPad, and Apple TV devices. You can watch international broadcasters, on-demand TV, and foreign networks. It has a user-friendly interface with a ton of features. Let us take a look at some of them,
- You get regular updates for the app,
- You have to purchase it once, and then you can use it on any Apple device,
- No ads,
- It also offers a mini-player to stream content.
Before mentioning the last iOS app in my list, if you are someone who does not use iOS devices, you might want to know about some dedicated apps for Android, PC, Firestick, etc.
There are several legal and reliable apps available for these platforms. You can download some of these apps directly from Amazon App Store and others from Google or Windows play store. You might want to use apps like Pluto TV and Xumo that provide the best experience on Android and Firesticks.
7) IPTV Player
It is similar to the other IPTV apps but offers more features. It has a 4* rating on the Apple store. Here are some of the features,
- You can synchronize the playlist of channels to your account and use it on multiple devices,
- It automatically scans, load, and preview your playlist’s channels,
- It also allows you to create, edit, and share your playlists with friends,
- It also gives a built-in Wifi transfer feature.
All the apps that I have mentioned here have some pros and cons. All of them are reliable and safe to use. You can select any free or paid app from the list to get the best IPTV experience.